The Sociology of Science and Technology
What does the Sociology of Science and Technology address?
- The enlightening analysis of modern science and technology with a focus on major social
- Moral and custom issues that occur due to current biotechnologies
- The observation and communication of danger
- The arrangement and/or specialist information divide
- The open understanding of science and the complexities of cross-cultural communication
The History and Philosophy of Science program offers these subjects to undergraduate and postgraduate students in Science and Technology Studies. The Sociology of Science and Technology is an area of study and research that can be pursued at postgraduate level through our Masters and PhD research programs and our Master of Arts (Science, Communication and Society).